VISION OF DIGITAL INDIA
- Infrastructure - To facilitate India and basically rural India (which is 70% of India) with high speed internet networks.
- Service on demand -
- All ministries and departments to offer their services to public in terms of healthcare, education, etc.
- Progress and growth covering electronic services, products, devices, manufacturing and job opportunities.
- Availability of public documents, all citizen entitlements in public forum / cloud.
- Ease of doing business.
- Financial transaction, electronic and cashless.
- Digital empowerment of citizens -
- Digital literacy of citizens, internet safety and the availability of digital resources in different Indian languages.
- Preparing India for knowledge based transformation and delivering good governance to Indian citizens by synchronized and co-ordinated engagement with both Central and State Government.
- Creating citizen engagement platform (one such platform is MyGov).
When we read about Digital India, we also come across DeitY (Department of Electronics and Information technology), NIC (National Informatics Centre) and e-Governance. What are they and how they are linked to Digital India is the question.
Digital India has actually been planned by the Department of Electronics and Information technology (DeitY) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances. While, NIC is the premier Science and Technology organization of India's Union Government in Informatics Services and ICT (Information and Communication Technology). NIC is a part of Indian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology's Department of Electronics and Information Technology.
In simple words, NIC has played an important role in steering e-Governance applications in the governmental departments at different levels viz., national, state and district levels, which with time has caused improvement and more transparency in government services. As a matter of fact, all Indian-government websites have been developed and managed by NIC. It is basically the stones and bricks of Digital India and an e-Governance support to India and its various government bodies.
Whereas, e-Governance is the application of ICT for delivering government services as discussed above, exchange of information communication transactions, creation of right governance and institutional mechanism, setting up of core infrastructure and policies and implementation of various projects at various levels. In short, it is reforming government through technology.
In short all these are interconnected and can't do without each other.
There are certainly many challenges in Mission "Digital India". Digital India cannot be free from challenges unless e-Governance is in place. The complete establishment of national e-governance is the key to the success of mission "Digital India".
- Need of legal framework
- Corruption free e-governance in place
- Cyber security
- Strict laws and regulations
- Programme Managers
- Need of commitment and effort
- Better focus and Restructuring, wherever needed
- Electronics manufacturing and skill development
E-GOVERNANCE, the KEY to accelerate Vision of DIGITAL INDIA
e-Governance in India is nothing but a plan to make available all the government services to the Indian citizens i.e. to make India, "Digital India".
The Government of India had approved the national e-governance plan in 2006 only and was in progress till 2014. But under the present government decision has already been taken and the programme will now be implemented in phases from 2014 to 2018.
A clean and technologically equipped e-governance will not only accelerate but also will establish or help achieve Digitization of India.
This is where it all changes. You open your system, give a command or click the mouse and get desired output, whether its an information or an important form to fill; a place to hangout directly with top official to discuss important issues or give suggestion for a better - digital - future.
It's just around the corner. Real sense is amazing. Overall Technology Architecture, Framework, Standards, Security Policy, Sharing of Common Infrastructure, Core Policies, R&D, Awareness and Assessment, Organization Structure, Dedicated Team, Capacity Building Scheme, Effective Management of Manpower; when in place and technologically sound will give a Full proof "e-governance" which in turn will accelerate the vision of "Digital India".
Because with technology comes power and with power comes confidence. India will flourish with a proper system.
There is no better way to reach rural India then to establish technology. If "strict, cyber secure" e-Governance will be in place, things will become more transparent, approachable and tension & kharcha free for the Indian Citizen, which is the vision of Digital India.
What if you could see Government and Government could see you without meeting each other in person?
Inspir-E- >> Innovat-E- >> Creat-E-
E- > Extraordinary
सीखेगा India, तभी तो आगे बढ़ेगा India !
With that note..
शब्बा खैर !